Thursday, March 8, 2007

Countdown to 300

The time is almost upon us! 300 will be in theaters everywhere tomorrow, but my plan is to hit a few bars this evening and then catch a midnight show. I haven't looked forward to a comic book / graphic novel movie adaptation in I don't know how long... perhaps since Tim Burton's original Batman.

More than anything, 300 is a perfect example that for comic book / graphic novel film adaptations, if you remain FAITHFUL to the source material then the final product will be that much stronger as a result. There's a reason that the property worked the first time; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just look at films like Sin City, Batman Begins, and The Crow (one of my all time favorites) - true to the source, and amazing films. On the other hand, look at the Judge Dredd movie... yea. As Stan the Man would say, 'nuff said.

What are some of your favorite comic-to-film adaptations? Let me know; leave a comment below.

Later

No comments: