Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Comics Day!

It’s morning again in America, made even more glorious by the fact that it’s New Comics Day. Before I launch into my weekly comic picks, however, I must once again don my purple pimp hat (with plume) to remind ya’ll that The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning is currently in stores! Check out this excerpt from a review posted over at Aint It Cool News:

“Textured and perfectly paced, this is one helluva good read. And it’s a girthy bastard too weighing in at 89 pages with additional production notes from the artist and a trio of nice pinup pages from Bill Sienkiewicz, Tim Bradstreet, and Greg Staples. All in all, this is another slick production from Fox Atomic Comics. These guys have been churning out some pretty impressive books with this and their previous offering 28 DAYS LATER: THE AFTERMATH. I look forward to seeing what this company has in story for us in the future.”

Wait! Since you’re probably rushing out to the bookstore, why not pick up some other cool books that are coming out today? I’m so helpful!

100 BULLETS #84
COUNTDOWN 42
DMZ #21 (I love me some DMZ)
FABLES #63
GEN 13 #10 (Yes, I am a sucker for ‘90s comics)
GREEN ARROW YEAR ONE #1
GREEN LANTERN #21
ALIEN PIG FARM #4 (Go RAW!)
AMORY WARS #2 (I’ve always kinda liked Coheed and Cambria)
SPAWN #169 (Spawn is good again! Another sign of the apocalypse!)
ANITA BLAKE VH FIRST DEATH #1
EXILES #96
NEW AVENGERS #32
OMEGA FLIGHT #4
X-FACTOR #21
30 DAYS OF NIGHT EBEN & STELLA #3
STEPHEN COLBERTS TEK JANSEN #1

Later

No comments: