Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday Malaise

So it’s Tuesday. I’m currently sitting in my geeked-out office, blasting a little Bloc Party (Weekend in the City)… much to the chagrin of my Atomic neighbors I’m sure… and trying to come up with a proper blog topic for today. Let’s poke around the stuff lying on my desk shall we? You should see my desk, by the by – ‘Lieb’s Law of Physics’ states that any horizontal surface is soon piled up, so it always looks like Dresden during WWII…

Here we go…

Hmm…

- New Tank Girl series from IDW rocks (love that Ashley Wood – he did the cover for our upcoming Nightmare Factory graphic novel, by the by. I can’t resist the chance to pimp!)
- Faker from Vertigo… haven’t read yet, but love that Jock art
- Immortal Iron Fist #8 – that Matt Fraction is a good egg
- Runaways… I f-ing LOVE Runaways
- A NextWave: Agents of Hate TPB. Perhaps my favorite Ellis series since TransMet
- Punisher #50 – perhaps my favorite Tim Bradstreet cover in a long time, and that’s saying a lot since everything he does is pure gold
- Paul Pope’s THB: Comics from Mars #1. Here we go – Paul Pope. If you are unfamiliar with this gentleman, go pick up the 100% and Heavy Liquid trades RIGHT NOW. I often prefer black and white to color finishes, and suffice to say that Paul’s art SHINES in black and white.

That’ll do it for now. I’ve got some calls to make so I can jet out at a half decent hour. Also my crappy computer is about to crash anyway… there’s a reason I bring in my Macbook to work ;)

Later skaters

No comments: